Wednesday, July 15, 2009

my name is ?

some people might be asking , what the heck is your real name. it isn't a big deal but i think it has confused a few people. so lemme make it clear .

i was born with the name KHAIRIYAH SARTIKA , and it's the same name on my birth certificate aswell. this is the name that my parents gave me (they were planning on naming me jone before that , wtf ?? haha) , and with a lil help of arabic translation from my aunty. khairiyah means good woman , and sartika was the name of an indonesian woman-hero. the hope was that later on i'd grow to become a good woman that can help others in every way.
entering kindergarten , my dad enrolled me with the name tika , and syofian as my surname just like my dad's surname. in a few countries you only use your given name and surname, they don't ask for full names. i used that name until i moved back to indo in year 6. thats how i ended up people knowing me as TIKA SYOFIAN .
sooo i started school here and used my birthname until the end of high school . but , why is it KHAIRIYAH SARTIKA SYOFIAN now ? becaauseee .. i've been meeting old friends on facebook , and what they know is im tika syofian and i hate it when people think i'm a random when i'm using my real full name and they don't have a clue who i am , it takes a looong time to accept the request . and on the other hand other friends know me as khairiyah. so rather than making it a big fuss , there you go ! khairiyah sartika syofian , kinda awkward but it has helped a lot :)
i've lived with each name for almost equally 9 years.

but call me whatever you like, tika, teka teekay, tick-tock, tic-tac, tik-tik-tik, tixie, sticka, tibeng, tince , yaaaw whatever suites you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment