Sunday, January 24, 2010

Strumming guitars

Last night, America's got talent was on Indosiar and I was happy about it cos I've been youtube-ing all of it this whole time and now it's on national television (eventhough it's late but better now than never).
There were great stuff on last night and lots of silly acts that made me crack up :D The Utah tap dancing sisters were cool and so were the triplets, Alizma (I think that was the groupname) which played the violins and made me laugh so bad cos they couldn't talk one at a time and were always finishing each other's sentences. I can't remember them all but there was Arcadian Broad the awsome dancer, the cute eight year old dancing partners, Thia Megian with the amazing vocals, the magician that did the Micheal Jackson leanover thing which was sick ass! There was also this sixty-two year old Carol something who danced like crazy and that was a kinda shocking performance hahaha. The last guy that got on stage with the guitar was one of the best. He had a beautiful voice and great guitar skills :) Oh man, guys with guitars! Charming! :D
Well my friends know how crazy I am about guys who can play guitars. I mean not just random strumming (everyone can do that) but them who can really play. Plucking the strings with tune, melody and feelings. There's this thing that makes guys look more I dunno - you can say charismatic and charming when they're playing the guitar. You know like John Mayer, Keith Urban and all those fascinating guitarists out there. But the minute they leave the guitar, to me it's all gone! Hahaha.
I know a lot of people who can play the guitar extremely well and I envy their skills cos I'm still an amateur and trying my best to get my notes right. I am so bad at it, gosh! I'm sorry Corday (my guitar) I haven't been playing you these days, Momma still loves you :)

Guitarists have their own cool impression and I can't get over those skilled ones :) I remember one of my primary subtstitute teachers, Mr. Archie and he always had his spanish guitar with him. Whenever we had free time he'd always play it in class and you should know that he was freaking awsome whenever he played the flamenco! And fyi spanish guitars need skilled fingers and Mr. Archie had them alright! That was the first time I became interested in guitars. I got my first guitar in Junior High - A cheap beginners one and gee I'm so bad at it and I envy people who can play it well -__- I only know those basic chords and how to strum melodic tunes - thats about it. I do know that instruments are a media of expressing whats inside us and as for guitars and guitarists, they both have bond towards each other where we can express our emotions and feelings through what we play.
Buuuut, because I'm not too good at it, I prefer to listen to those who can play. Jussjeff is one of my favorites on youtube, you should check him out! :)
Salute to guitarists and those who can play! I just love guitars! <3
Lateeeeers :D

No comments:

Post a Comment