Friday, January 14, 2011

A superimposed letter to God

Dear God,
Wassup? I've been wanting to write to you for a long time and now here I am without a paper and a pen - just my heart, head and the keyboard. I've got so much things to say, so many pleads to ask for and heaps of questions why. I know I'm supposed to meet you five times everyday of my life. But all I can say is sorry, at most times I still don't. I realize that what I get is based on what you give but I still skip those days without any mumbles of thanking you.

To be honest, I'm not the kind who fulfills the everyday routines though I do try my best to. Mum and Dad had always taught me things about you eversince the first use of my five senses. I grew with you guiding me eventhough I forgot about you at a lot of times and points in life. Usually when I'm at the lowest point in life, I'd come running to you in tears. But I feel ashame that whenever things are going all okay, I tend to forget - even sometimes pretend you're not there. If we were to be described as the friend to friend type, then surely... I am the worst friend you could ever have. But in this case, I'm not a perfect being. I've got more designs and angel scribbles on my left rather than my right.
Surely you'd know there are many things that if I could ask for, I would. But I live in reality - not that place where you end up when you fall asleep and don't want to wake up because it's just too good to realize it's not true. My simplest plead would be for you to love, care, guide, protect the people among me who I love the most and bless them a healthy, wealthy and wise life. Without mentioning, you would know who I mean. Family, friends, relatives, the whole lot. Make them happy in any way you can. At least that's what I'd want for them, dear God.

Ehm. Question. Wait. I have stacks of them. Why? What if? How? Would you? Could you? And thousands more along with the fill in the blanks. Sometimes I even go way over the limit and question your presence because sometimes my common sense doesn't make sense at all. I know it's wrong and again all I might be able to express is an apology. Again. Sigh.
Not enough thanks in the world to thank you. You've made it clear. I'm working on things now. Hopefully.
God, thanks for making things happen. I'll learn from it eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment